10 reasons why I’m attending Ground Control Conf and you should too
- Its run by the lovely folk at White October Events, as some of you may know I’ve had the privilege of working with the team during my time at White October. They’re truly wonderful and put an enormous amount of thought into the curation and running of their events
- Related to 1 but worth a point all of it’s own, they have a code of conduct which is worth more than just the paper it’s written on. Their conferences are among the most friendly and welcoming I’ve ever attended
- They have given away tickets to individuals underrepresented in tech and/or facing economic or social hardship. By attending, you’re directly contributing to making good stuff like this possible
- The speaker line-up is diverse, they’re supporting new speakers who have never spoken at a conference like this before as well as seasoned professional and well established names in the industry. Nine out of the fifteen speakers are female, five of which are WOC
- Brett Harned as helped curate the event and will be the conference chair on the day. If you’ve ever attended the digital pm summit or seen him compere DPM:UK now Deliver Conf you’ll know how special that is. You can read the back story about his involvement here.
- Sam Barnes is doing a keynote, after he recently said he’d never keynote again ;)
- It’s central London, a short walk from Victoria. No transport excuses.
- It’s a 4 track conference so you’ve got options, lots and lots of options
- The topics will be valuable to anyone who plays a role on delivering great digital products so don’t be put off if you’re not a dpm, this conference is for you too
- There are some brilliantly practical workshops you can buy tickets for the day before. I’ve attended Meri’s workshop before and would highly recommend it
On a more personal note, I can’t wait to see some of my friends on the stage sharing their learnings and experiences of managing projects. This delivery shit is hard yo and it’ll be at least another 8 months before you can attend another conference like this in the UK so make sure you act fast. I’m looking forward to spending time with my peers and learning lots to take back to my day job as Delivery Chapter Lead and Agile PM at Deeson.
Tickets are limited and if you move quickly you can save a £100 off the last min price.
Hell yeah, Sign me up.