Is it me you’re looking for?
Update 28/06: I’ve been approached by a lot of companies working in the public sector / healthcare sector which might not be most aligned to my experience which is not limited to but mainly resides within the cultural sector / higher education and membership orgs.
In my leaving presentation at work Simon Wakeman (previous MD of Deeson) shared a screenshot of where my journey began with Deeson on Twitter and so here’s hoping history might repeat itself and there might be someone in my network looking for someone like me.
A bit about me
- A highly empathetic leader who is driven by building highly effective teams and delivering great results for clients.
- Worked as part of the senior leadership team to set the agencies strategy and deliver on it.
- Over 10 years of agency experience and a proven track record of delivering a large portfolio of projects for a wide variety of clients on time and budget.
- Passionate about creating the environment and culture that enables team members to deliver their best work.
- Clients include: Royal Collection Trust, Southbank Centre, Imperial War Museums, ITV, Royal Academy of Arts, London Museum, British Library, University of Derby and the Tony Blair Institute.
- Co-founded DO PM in 2014, a community of delivery practitioners with a Slack of over 500 project/delivery managers.
- AgilePM and Scrum Master certified.
- Wellbeing champion and Mental Health First Aider.
What I can offer?
- Delivery management — experience of delivering strategy, user research, design and UX and development projects in the region of £250k+ with a cross disciplinary team
- Point of escalation and resolution for all account/project issues
- Managed project profitability, seeking to maximise revenue and margin within all projects
- Provided senior delivery oversight to key accounts
- People management — responsible for the line management and
progression of a team of 3+ delivery managers. Experience of line managing lead developers, product manager and user researchers.
- Forecasting, resource planning and utilisation — including
- New business and sales — proposal writing, estimation and pitching of new business
- Company process improvement
- Agile coaching
What’s important to me
My personal values and those I look for in an organisation
- Transparent and open
- Highly collaborative
- Clear accountability and ownership
- Self organising and empowered teams
- Biased towards action and continuous improvement
- This role might be part of the senior leadership team
- Has a clear progression pathway
- I’m not looking for a hand’s on delivery role, delivering projects would ideally not exceed ~20% of the overall role
Remote first but open to be travel a few times a month.